Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where Was That Taken?


I'm always on the lookout for new outdoor backgrounds for photos--colorful, textured walls, old abandoned buildings, open fields with rolling hills, unique and secretive places that nobody knows about. It's always a great feeling when someone says "That's amazing! Where in the world was that taken?"

One aspect of being a musician, artist, and photographer is the constant craving for doing something that is fresh and creative. Not only does it make the end product more intriguing and makes people want to come back for more, but it can potentially push the artist out of their comfort zone and ultimately helps shape their work. With photography, one of my guilty pleasures is driving around aimlessly looking for fun and funky scenes for upcoming photo shoots. When I have a spare hour or two, I look for different ways to get places, and sometimes, new backdrops miraculously jump out at me. It's simply a matter of thinking outside the box and embracing it.

Do you know of any amazing places that would be great in photos? If so, let me know the location, and you may just end up seeing them in some future posts... Also, if you have any questions about the locations of any photos of mine that you have seen, feel free to email me and I will be more than happy to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment