Monday, February 9, 2009

Spring Cleaning?

I know it's not officially spring yet... but I've been in the mood to clean and organize my house. I'm hoping I'm getting out of the winter-blues funk I always get in every year. I can't function without sunshine!!

Anyway, I tackled my first room last night, my bedroom. Vaccuuming, dusting, rearranging, finding those missing socks... Oh, and I finished one of my "projects," a framed necklace holder I just never got around to finishing up. I'll post pix of it soon, as well as a chair I reupholstered to match it.

I also had some help hanging my new mirror in my living room, and it looks fabulous, if I do say so myself... I'm also trying to get some of my "honey-do" projects marked off my list of things to do around the house. Since I don't have a honey, I guess that leaves them up to me to do... hmmm. I just had help changing out all the light switches and receptacles in my house. Thanks, Jason! I wasn't about to touch that on my own!...

My Grandma sent me a few more vintage pictures in the mail that she wants me to edit and enlarge. The one that brought tears to my eyes was a simple snapshot of her and my Grandpa, who passed away when I was in high school. I look forward to working on those and seeing the smile on her face when I give them to her for her 93rd birthday.

I'm getting antsy about getting internet and cable at my house tomorrow... I joke about it, but I really AM getting high-tech... Surround sound, laptop, cable, and internet all in the span of one month! woot.

I'll post some pictures soon, since this is like, a photo blog... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment