Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun With Frames

I just finished up this project I started a few months ago. I had purchased a chair at a garage sale about 6 years ago and just found some fabric I wanted to reupholster it with to match my bedroom. I also had this old antique frame that had been repainted that I purchased at a benefit auction. I decided I wanted to showcase some of my jewelry using the frame. I had some leftover fabric from the chair and decided I should use it to bring a little bit of texture to my frame. I purchased some cuttable cork board at Hobby Lobby, cut it to size to fit the frame, and wrapped it with fabric. I stapled the edges of the fabric to the cork. Then I stapled the cork to the frame. Stick some push pins in the cork and then hang on your jewelry. Voila! Instant, useful yet decorative wall art!


No comments:

Post a Comment