Thursday, February 25, 2010

Timeless Beauty

On March 1, my Grandma Alverta will be 94 years old. My mother organized an early surprise party for her last weekend, since my brother, my sister-in-law, and I were in town. Before we left, she said it was her favorite birthday ever. It was not an extravagant party, but it was special to her because she was surrounded by those she loved... and because she got cake and ice cream and flowers!

I've written several posts about my grandma and about her dear 97-year-old sister, my Aunt Nadine. I just think they're beautiful. They don't quite understand why I always have a camera in front of their faces... I just tell them that I think they're supermodels, which makes them giggle.

Here are some of my favorite images from the afternoon... Grandma is the cute lady in the scarf with the 5 silver hairs (She hates having dark hair. She wishes she had a full head of white hair, so she would look like all the other older ladies. Silly Grandma.)


I'm blessed to be able to witness what 94 and 97 looks like...

And I'm grateful that I have my camera to capture it.

2 comments: