Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Self-Portrait, Week 1

One of my New Year's resolutions is to do a continuous photography project for 2010. I finally decided to do a 52-week self-portrait project... one self-portrait a week for a year. Not only is it a project that focuses on creative composition, but it will allow me to showcase what I am learning in post-processing and Photoshop.

Self-portraits are unique in that they force you to look at yourself from many different perspectives. In my pictures, you won't always be able to see my face, or my eyes, or my hands, but every photo will be a reflection of me... my moods, my views, my faith... everything that makes me Jen... one photo at  a time.

Here is my self-portrait for 2010: Week 1.

Thoughts
What better way to start off the new year than to celebrate God? The new life verse for my church in 2010 is Psalm 19:14. I memorized this verse back in college, and I loved how familiar the words were when Pastor Scott shared them with us. I decided to incorporate it into my first self-portrait... I wanted the words to appear where my mouth should be, to accentuate the essence of the verse.

And in case you're wondering... that's not a rug on my head... it's a fur hood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment