Friday, June 26, 2009

Get a Grip!

My beloved camera, My Canon 40D will be having its one-year birthday in September. Needless to say, I am very overprotective of it. So overprotective, in fact, that I was hesitant to take it to Brazil with me in August for several reasons:

1) Where we will be in Brazil is very dusty and dirty and hot.
2) Nice items that are left unattended have a tendency to "walk away," never to be seen again.
3) I may not have enough muscles to carry it with me all day long. It's not light as a feather!
4) I want to be able to interact with the people and not worry about it getting damaged.

However, it's been on my mind a lot lately that I might regret NOT taking it with me. And a good photographer friend of mine reminded me last night of the same thing. So everyone, I am pleased to say that my 40D will be joining me in Brazil!! One huge benefit of having such a nice camera is the battery life. It can last a long time without needing to be recharged. And I was just informed that a battery grip would be a great addition for me, and would also allow me to have a battery backup, if needed.

Here is a pic of today's purchase. Not only will it benefit me overseas, but it's a great thing to have for photo shoots here too. It houses the camera's battery and provides an additional grip for vertical photos, along with a shutter release.

I love me some pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment