Wednesday, March 11, 2009

GarageBand Junkie

I was officially introduced to GarageBand last night on my Mac... and I'm in love. For those of you who don't know, GarageBand allows you to play and record your own music and lay your own tracks right on your computer. Pretty impressive. And it's able to generate some pretty good-quality stuff.

My girls Lee Ellen and Kacey came over last night to work on a great song called One Voice by the Wailin' Jennys, and 4 takes later, we had a pretty good track. Since then, I've already spent countless hours laying down piano, guitar, and vocal tracks for some of my favorite songs. It's slightly addictive. And I'm so excited. I've always wanted to write music and lyrics, but every time I've tried it's like pulling teeth, with nothing but painful results. But this... this gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, the creative juices will flow, and I can get something together that I am proud of.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment