Monday, January 5, 2009

Decorating with Plates

I found the perfect plates from Pier 1 to complete my kitchen decorating theme. They are different sizes, colors, and patterns, and I think they look fabulous together! This is a cheap, easy project for anyone who needs to fill up some empty space.



To hang the plates, there are several different types of plate hangers. I used the wire ones for the bigger plates, and the 3" adhesive disk for the smaller plates. The adhesive hangers are really neat. You just have to put some water onto the glue backing until it gets sticky, then apply it to the back of the plate. It has to dry overnight, and then you are able to hang them. The adhesive hangers are also removeable if you soak them in warm water. If you catch both of these plate hangers at Hobby Lobby when they are 50% off, they are a whopping $1 apiece.


And the finished product in my kitchen...


I also wanted to incorporate my favorite oil painting from high school, and it just so happened to match the colors of my plates, so this is hanging over my kitchen table...

Hope this gives you some good ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment