Thursday, December 18, 2008

Year-End 2008

As 2008 is coming to an end, it's been awesome to look back and see how everything photography-wise has come together for me this year...

It all started in July, when I did some engagement pictures for Charles and Alice... I had done sessions for people before, but not on a consistent basis...

Shortly after that, I kept getting contacted to do other engagement and family pictures... so I decided to start my ImagesByJen blog in October and also continued to post sessions on my Facebook page.. and the rest is history. Up to this point, I've had 1,092 unique page hits to my blog, with 373 being first-time visitors and 155 returning guests.

I've tallied up my photo sessions through the end of the year, and here are my final results (July-December):
10 families, 9 Engagement/Couple shoots, 5 portraits, 3 events, and a partridge in a pear tree (not really)... for a total of 27 sessions.

Somebody asked me recently what I was most excited about for 2009... and I have to admit, the thing I'm looking forward to the most is a new year in photography! For getting my own MacBook, getting some business cards printed, learning to do more editing techniques in Photoshop... I'm excited for warmer weather, new shoot locations, and just plain getting more experience behind the camera. I'm excited to see what doors God is going to open for me in 2009.. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment