Friday, April 30, 2010

Self-Portraits, Weeks 14, 15, 16, & 17

I'm almost caught up on my self-portrait project. I'm so glad to have my wireless remote up and running again. It makes this project a whole lot easier!

Oh, and as always, you can see the photos larger and in more detail on my Facebook fan page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chillin'


Thoughts:
I love my bedroom. It was the first room I completed when I purchased my house almost three years ago. I like my furniture. I like my turquoise wall color. I like my decor. I like my comforter set. I like the textures and the details and the shiny fabrics. It's just has "Jen" spelled out all over it. This picture is just of me chillin' on my bed. I read here. I write in my journal here. It's just a happy place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vintage


Thoughts:
So I have to say that I think this may be one of my top three self-portraits of myself of all times. I love everything about it. I intentionally put my hair up for this picture because I rarely have any pictures of me with it up. I admit it... I've never liked having my hair up out of my face. And the reason is because it makes me feel like a chubby-faced boy. I would be one of those girls on America's Next Top Model who would have a bawl-fest if they shaved my hair off. It's a security blanket. And it makes me feel like a girl. But I love it up in this picture, and I guess I still sorta look like a girl??... Anyway, the processing on this one is what makes it so amazing. It's vintage and timeless and classic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Contentment


Thoughts:
I love to sleep. A lot. I'm pretty sure I can sleep anywhere. But I prefer my amazing bed with my queen-sized ultra-soft pillow top mattress. It's like sleeping on a cloud. A really fluffy, shiny cloud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victorian


Thoughts:
So I really liked this picture although my face wasn't in focus on the original shot, so I had to a lot of sharpening and smoothing in post-processing. Then I got my eyes too bright for my liking. But after I looked at it again, I realized that I preferred it that way. It makes me think of a Victorian painting with overexaggerated bright and smooth facial features. Plus, my shirt kinda sorta looks Victorian, so boo-ya!

~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty then... So I've talked way too much about myself on this post, which weirds me out a bit. But I might as well say a few more things while I'm at it...

I'll be singing some harmonies along with Kacey Dotson for the fabulous Lee Ellen Starks this weekend at the Springfield Artsfest (cross your fingers for better weather than we're having right now!). We'll be singing at the Coffeehouse Stage from 1:30-2:30 on Saturday and 4:00-5:00 on Sunday. This girl's got some pipes. Seriously. Check out her YouTube channel to hear some of the songs she'll be performing.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment