Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Meet My Future Lens

After doing some research and getting opinions from some local photographers, I've decided to buy this fabulous Canon 50 mm lens f/1.8 II. (I was going to trade in the grip I just recently purchased, but by the fine print I'm just now reading, I'll be losing money). This lens will help out tremendously with the bokeh I'm wanting to achieve in my macro shots and also in my portraitures.

This lens has so many benefits.. It's cheap, it's light, and it produces sharp images. If you purchase a cheap reversal ring (around $8/each), you can also reverse the lens to get even more detailed manual macro shots. There's a terrific article on this lens here on the Digital Photography School site. If you're even considering a new lens, I would recommend that you read this article first.

I'm sure I'll be experimenting with it as soon as I receive it, so I'll be posting some shots. Check back soon!
P.S. I got my passport and new VISA in the mail today. Brazil is only a little over 2 weeks away! We received tons of toys, clothing, and shoes to take to pass out to the Brazilians we meet. On Sunday we packed these all up into 50-pound duffle bags. I even got to speak about my friendship with little Junior during church service on Sunday. I'm so excited to see what this year's adventure has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. I want that lens, too. I neeeeed that lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited! The great thing about it is that it's so affordable for such a nice lens. Let me know when you gets yours :)

    ReplyDelete