Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm Pumped!!

I just had my first photography workshop tonite at Lawrence Photo and I. AM. PUMPED!!  I've done enough research online, in magazines, and books to have a good grip on the technical side of things, but I know I have a lot more to learn!

A special shout-out to Tracy and Christine from Harrison, Arkansas. It was great to meet both of you.. you are so sweet!! I'll definitely be keeping in touch.

I'm also in the list-making mode right now of things I want to accomplish this year in photography. Give me a little more time, and I'll have a list to share. By posting it, I'll at least have a tad bit of accountability...

This is random, but as of right now, I've got these special dates popping up in my head...

*July 12--My one-year pix-iversary. Last year at this time, I started freelance work for pay. I love looking at those pictures and seeing how far my work has developed and matured!
*July 18--My two year house-iversary. Yes, two glorious years ago I purchased my first house. And I still love it. And I haven't burned it down yet. Or gone bankrupt. Therefore, I consider my house-buying venture a success!
*August 6--My half-birthday. I never celebrate my half-birthday. Ever. But this year I will get to celebrate it right before I leave for Brazil. Ahhh Brazil. What a sweet half-birthday present!
*September 13--(I think. or maybe it's the 19th. I better double-check because there might be a reward involved. Heck, I'll even take a cookie). My three-year anniversary at American Family Insurance (Go ahead.. sing that jingle in your head... ... Good job.) The David Potter Agency. On Sunshine. Don't forget that.
*September 19--(I think). My Canon 40D's one year birthday. Whoa. One year with a DSLR camera and your life will be changed. Forever!

I feel like I could write a novel tonite, but I'll stop here.

And because a post is not complete without a picture, here's one from Close Memorial Park that I took on Saturday...


and one from Nathaniel Green Park..


No comments:

Post a Comment