Sunday, November 23, 2008

Drum Roll Please... Meet Lee Ellen Starks

Here is my good friend Lee Ellen, who is an amazing musician who has the voice of an angel... We wanted to get some shots of her and her guitar for some future publicity pieces for her music gigs. Ok. So I couldn't wait to sort through her 700 pictures to look for my favorites... so here are just a few of them that jumped out at me...

Where do I start with the details? We spent a few hours in a field on a brisk 40 degree-ish morning. Our artistic vision for her photos required me to find a field with tall grass... not too easy to do at this time of year, as most fields have been mowed for the winter. But I found a field on a hill at the Springfield Lake with some tall grass, and we found a fabulous tree as a bonus. Lee Ellen wore a fabulous vintage dress for her shoot that was not warm by any means...and she was barefoot. A brave woman she is, willing to sacrifice sanity for the sake of creative art. My kind of girl! After nearly escaping being kicked out by a park ranger, we grabbed a quick bite and headed downtown to get some urban-esque shots. She was willing to do some crazy things and she helped spot some great backdrops, like a cement circle cutout at a new parking garage. I can't imagine how funny it must have looked as I boosted her up five feet to get in place... Oh! And we couldn't resist getting some pix of Lee Ellen and her pooch, Tolmi for some Christmas cards. Aren't they cute?

Can't wait to show you the rest of the pictures!! I'll be posting more info about Lee Ellen and her music at a later date. You need to check her out!

P.S. My night of editing started out fabulously. I dropped my phone in the toilet. Say a quick prayer that I haven't caused it an early death...

See 120 more pix of Lee Ellen here and here...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! I'm lovin' these pictures of my friend Lee Ellen, isn't she just great! So, I was also just perusing through your site and love the pictures! You should get Adobe Lightroom for your new mac... it's a LIFESAVER! Plus, if you're a student, adobe software is about 1/3 the cost of when you're not. Anywho... keep up the great work!

    P.S. Macs rock, good choice! Sadly I'm a Nikon girl now but Canon's are so good too! :)

    ReplyDelete