Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful

So November was pretty busy for me as people have been wanting to take advantage of the good weather and get some pictures for Christmas cards. Obviously, the winter months are going to slow down a bit for me, since I do most of my photography outside. I'm excited to be able to use the extra time I'll have to learn some new editing skills in Photoshop. Hopefully, you'll see some nice results soon.

Please note that I'll be increasing rates starting January 1. If you're wanting to lock my current rates, please contact me to set a date.

I'm looking forward to the new year. It looks like a new Macbook Pro will be in my future in the next month or so... and I'll be getting some business cards printed up shortly after.

Thanks for all the referrals you've been giving me. Your word-of-mouth advertising is much appreciated.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving... Here are some things I'm grateful for...
1. A car that works... I've only spent about $1000 on it this past month, but I'm so grateful to have transportation that I can call mine, and I am sooo happy that it is working again...
2. Awesome friends... You know who you are. Thanks for your encouragement and your thoughtfulness.  Don't know what I would do without you guys!
3. Amazing church family... You're my #1 fans, and I appreciate your willingness to let me love on your kiddos, sing and play for you, and take your pictures... and thanks for referring me to other people for photo shoots!...
4. My family... For a brother and dad who know how to fix my car, for my mother who makes yummy noodles, and for my grandma and aunt Nadine who make me remember not to take the time we have with them for granted...
5. My warm house... I am so blessed to have a roof over my head, especially in these chilly months when so many people are cold...
6. God's provision... God has always provided for me in every way and He will never fail me.  I am reminded every day that He is faithful and that He has an amazing plan for my life...
7.  A great job... Not only do I have a great boss and fun coworkers, but I actually like my job... and an added bonus is that I get to take photos on the weekend and get paid for that too. No complaints from me...
8. For music... I can't begin to explain how impactful music has been to me.  I can't imagine my life without it. It energizes me when I need it... it can be thought-provoking... it can make me laugh and it can make me cry... I get to sing and play for church every week with an amazingly talented group of people... It blesses me.
9. My health... so many people I know have medical problems that are rocking their worlds. I am so grateful that both me and my family are healthy. I hope I never take it for granted...
10. Creativity... I am grateful that people are positively responsive to my creative work. My photography, music, and artwork is just another outlet for expressing who I am and sharing with others the gifts and talents God has blessed me with. All praise goes to God, who is the ultimate provider!

Hope you are blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment