Saturday, July 10, 2010

Goodbye, Friends

Erin and I met in college our freshman year, ten years ago, assigned as roommates by SMSU. The day I received the paperwork stating that she was my new roommate, I remember holding it in my hands and nervously pacing with the phone outside. Before I hung up during that first chat, I concluded our conversation with a very important question--"Erin, are you a freak??" She said no and then followed up with the same question. I enthusiastically responded, "NO, I am totally not a freak!" Luckily, she agreed... and our friendship began from there. She was not the pink-haired, tattooed punk rocker I had nightmares of rooming with. Instead, she was a very patient, loving, and Godly woman who I am proud to call my friend and my sister in Christ.

Erin, her husband, Kody, and her two little boys are moving to Texas this coming week, and although I will miss them dearly, I know that God has amazing plans for them. Seminary is in their future, and they will be preparing the next few years to make the transition to living life overseas as missionaries. Erin was a very huge influence in my spiritual life, and I will always be grateful to her for that. I have no doubt that she and her wonderful family are going to be a light in the lives of the people they come across.

I offered to take some family photos as a going-away gift. My hope is that they will be able to look back and remember this transitional time in their lives as the beginning of something wonderful...

Erin, I love you, girl! Enjoy!
*and yes, I am wiping away tears as I type...*

~Jen

As always, you can see more photos on my Images by Jen Photography Facebook fan page.


No comments:

Post a Comment