Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moments

I was recently inspired to write a poem.
I haven't sat down to spill out my thoughts in quite some time,
so I mentally detoxed and wrote this poem,
which just so happens to be about photography.
So I am sharing it with you.
Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~

.frozen.

my eyes crave
to capture the fleeting,
that which can be invisible

others pass by
with nary a second glance,
too consumed by the obvious.

they are oblivious of its powers.
but oh, it whispers to me;
enticing, alluring, demanding attention

it stops me in my tracks,
takes my breath away.
there before me…

the moment.

it is beautiful.
it is raw.
it is enchanting.

and I capture it.
frozen.
for me.
for you.
that moment in time.

memories fade,
become vapors in the wind,
but to remember
is to embrace time,
frozen
in a photograph.

hold it tenderly in your hands.
see it with eyes of gratitude.
absorb its significance.
cherish
the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are a few recent Moments...



2 comments:

  1. mmmmm...I love it!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa. :) Hope all is well in your world!

    ReplyDelete