Monday, August 23, 2010

Self-Portrait, Week 18


I'm finding out, along with most other photographers, that weekly photo projects are harder to keep up with than you realize. I'm just going to say that my self-portrait project took a summer vacation. An extended one.

Well here's my feeble attempt to get back on track with my weekly self-portrait project. 52 weeks, 52 self-portraits. This one is #18. You can see my previous self-portraits here.

~~~~~~~~~~

Reflective


Thoughts:
I've been renting a fabulous lens (the Canon 50 mm 1.2) and have been shooting as much as possible. I realized it was as good a time as any to start up my self-portrait project again. This photo was taken by my back door at dusk. I had to turn on the overhead light because it was actually too dark already, but I like how the light made my highlights and layers in my hair stand out. (It also makes me happy because my hair is getting long again!) I really liked the colors in my dress, couch, and wall and decided to use my Totally Rad Pool Party Action to give them a more faded look. I also used a Totally Rad Dirty Pictures texture on the couch and wall.

I call this one "Reflective" because Sunday's sermon was rolling around in my head:

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." {Colossians 4:5-6}

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen...you're soooo pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melissa! You're always so sweet with your comments... I have a gorgeous picture of YOU from Lee Ellen's gig that I'm excited to post soon!!

    ReplyDelete